Has anybody had Blepharitis and cataract surgery complications?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a very complicated journey with Bleph. Using the WetOnes and TTO for 4 months has ALMOST completely eradicated it. Now my Optho says I'm ready for cataract surgery for both eyes. I have seen articles where the cataract surgery can exacerbate the Blepharitis, sometimes horribly. I cannot go through the Bleph again! It ruined my life for 2 years. Has anybody else had problems with cataract surgery after Bleph?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had cataract surgery first then ended up with blepharitis and terrible photophobia afterwards.  Don't know if they are connected to theh cataract surgery but I have read where they can be connected to lasik surgery.

• Posted

Thanks Cheryl,

So sorry to hear about your results. Uuuugh! I so feel for you. I've heard that both LASIK and cataract surgery can cause, or exacerbate Bleph. I'm pretty scared. My Optho who treats my bleph said he has NEVER heard of this and made me feel like an idiot.

Have your issues resolved?

• Posted

No, issues have not really been resolved.  Almost two years and not driving.  Severe dry eye.  I have now tried serum drops where I had 9 vials of blood taken and the compounding pharmacy made serum drops for my eyes from this.  They are helpful.  Acupuncture has also been helpful but it didn't last.

• Posted

Wow, I am so sorry for you.

I use serum drops too. I don't know if they do anything. My disorders changed my vision from 20/20 to legally blind in left and very bad in right. Rarely able to drive. The Wet Ones and TTO cured most of my symptoms in 4 months, but I still have cataracts and minor Bleph flare ups. The cataract surgery is supposed to improve my vision immensely, but I'm scared to death it will cause further complications. I don't trust my doc.

Best of luck to you. I will pray for your healing💙

• Posted

Thank you!!  I will also pray for your cataract surgery with no complications and healing also.  I know many, many people who have had cataract surgery and no problems.  My problems started a year after surgery so who knows?  Where are you located?  I would go to someone I totally trust to do the surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.