Has anybody heard of benign tremor and high blood pressure spike

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had several of these occurring in the middle of the night. my blood pressure will Spike to 198 over 97 give or take a few numbers. my arms will shake and the trunk of my body and my neck will feel Ridgid. I have heard it is from stress and after taking an extra half of blood pressure med and some klonopin it eventually goes away. It used to scare me more but I have gotten quite used to it. my dad also had it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did your dad know of find out the cause ? 

Maybe it is a herditary condition.

• Posted

diana88467...Have you reported this to your doctor???? Also, a person should NEVER take an extra dose of bp medication even though it's only 1/2 dose.

You said you "heard" your symptoms are caused by stress...The best person who's word to accept is the Doctor.

Do yourself a favour...consult your doctor...get the lowdown on it...from a professional & by all means, tell him/her that you've taken 1/2 dose extra of the bp medication. Stop this dangerous practise.

• Posted

Already talked to the doctor and the hospital where I was taken many times about this and had a CAT scan and many tests
    • Posted

I bet its really scary, what do the experts suggest as a course of action to resolve this, they can't expect you to live with it, can they???

• Posted

Stay calm and take 10 milligrams of Lisinopril and 1 milligram of Klonopin and it usually subsides and blood pressure starts to go down it is just scary because it wakes me up in the middle of nightmares

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.