Has anybody noticed a difference between Cerazette and Cerelle?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was on Cerazette years ago, when I was a younger teenager and seemed to get on with it ok. I have since been put on the generic version of Desogestrel 75mg and also Cerelle which I just haven't seemed to get along with. They both make me feel very very depressed, every day that I took them for I was in tears and just felt like a different person. Upon stopping I was back to normal. I was actually quite scared of myself whilst taking them as I wasn't sure of what I'd do if I ended up feeling severely depressed. I know sometimes you can take a medication and not react to it and then years later take the very same one and it can have adverse reactions/side effects so its a tricky one. I am thinking of starting Cerazette again years later once my depo-provera injection runs out which is thankfully not very long! Could anyone tell me if they've noticed a difference from Cerazette and the others mentioned? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have taken cerazette years ago was taking for about 3 years then came off them to have a baby its been about 10 years since i took them and never had any problems whilst takin them ...i never wejt back onto any other pill after that but if u are having problems with the new one ask to change sometimes not all medications are right for that person and sometimes they need switching to something different ...i know when i was taking cerazette that there was an issue with stock and they said they was going to be changing mine at some point anyway because i went and they never had any at the chemists

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.