Has anybody tried Nigella Sativa, as a to aid recovery from ME/CFS? I have read its quite wonderful

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been researching on line the benefits of taking Nigella sativa, black seed, black cumin, or black coriander – whatever you choose to call it, as it is known by several names by the looks of it.

However, it is not a meager spice as I first thought it to be. This powerful healing agent has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It is versatile and easy to find.

I was just wondering if anybody in the forum has tried taking it on a regular basis for his or her ME/CFS? I welcome your thoughts or experience on taking this seed/extract.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi mate, been using it a few weeks, no benefits. Tastes like how i imagine pain thinner would be, to me so don't like that. Maybe you need to use it longer.
  • Posted

Hi David

Do you mix it with stuff or just take it neat?

How did you come about trying it in the first place?

• Posted

I've taken it straight and also on food.

Just research on interntet, as you do with CFS, with lack of treatment ANYTHING is worth a try and believe you me i am trying EVERYTHING.

Sadly i don't feel any nearer normality.

• Posted

Hi

I know where you are coming from It’s a terrible condition/disease to have.

I have suffered close on 20 years, it’s robbed years of ‘life from me’ and deprived my family of doing 'normal activates' with me. So yep try anything like you said.

• Posted

Well i'm 15 months and counting mate, it's showing no sign of slowing down. Body just feels well and truly done in.
    • Posted

I found being very positive and pacing myself works for me, but it’s taken years and years of relapses and overdoing it to realize what works for me.

The G.E.T. stuff the Dr recommended would kill me for days on end. Therefore, I do not think exercise is good for people with ME in the early stages at least or if you have recently relapsed. Which in turn makes pacing very difficult due to your fluctuating health and ability with the disease.

• Posted

Congratulations. To get ME under that much control is no small feat. Very well done. It will probably take a lifetime of care to avoid relapses even into the distant future. So spread the word.
  • Posted

Coriander is a great detoxer of toxic metals in the body from such things as tap water and the atmosphere. I used the fresh herb a lot when I had my silver/mercury amalgam fillings out dut to mercury poisoning.

Seeing as we all take in heavy metals, lol lol no I don't mean you've all got the same music taste as me, toxic metals I meant, it should do any one some good.

• Posted

I love the taste and smell of Coriander. but I know some don't. I did try growing some but failed....

• Posted

Never heard of nigella sativa - isn't sativa some form of cannabis? I thought Nigella's thing was coke (joke, probably UK only but, by the way I love her breakfast bar recipe).

I have read/heard convincing evidence that cannabis helps relieve symptoms for MS sufferes and other types of neurological symptoms/pain but has bad press on mental health.  Legal in some countries/states of America but not many.

• Posted

It’s a seed from a common plant that grows mainly in the eastern dry areas UAE etc. I think.

Some companies and agencies around the world are getting good research results by the sounds of things. Therefore, I thought I would raise the question on here in case someone has tried it out for ME - CFS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.