Has anyone advice on Evorel 25 HRT patches?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My go prescribed me Evorel 25 patches to try since experiencing horrific peri symptoms, mood swings,anxiety attacks,joint pain,dizziness,electric like pains the list goes on.....I have been reluctant to start using them once I read all the possible side effects but after 2 weeks of hell im considering starting them. The label says Estradiol 25mcg patches, change twice a week. Has anyone used these ? Any advice, experiences,, thanks .....I'm literally at my wits end x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been on evorel conti 50 patches, changing twice a week, since 18 September, for all the same complaints as you. Flushes disappeared within a week, but anxiety between 5am and 7am is still ongoing. I also experience funny tum (if you get my meaning!) and morning sickness type nausea at this time too. Am seeing my consultant tomorrow to see whether I'm having too much or not enough HRT as I expected to be feeling a bit better by now. I'll keep you posted.....but I am glad I started it. 
  • Posted

I only took the estradiol in a pill form 1mg with provera 2.5mg back in July and the pill form made me start bleeding and i had anxieties plus i was on nerontin and trazodone and i feel the HRTs and psych meds do not mix together
  • Posted

OK. .thank you...I rarely get the flushes it's the anxiety..pains in joints,headaches and dizziness together with the mad mood swings I suffer horribly with so was hoping starting these patches would help....
  • Posted

An update to my reply yesterday. I've seen my consultant this afternoon - he is now changing my patches to everel sequi for the next two months. For two weeks out of four my patches will be just estrogen, with the remaining two weeks being progestogen.  I may well get a bleed - but I'll put up with this if it makes everything else seem better.  If after a couple of months I find I feel better during my estrogen weeks he will then either prescribe me progestogen tablets or the mirena coil (I'm favouring the tablet at the moment, don't like the idea of a coil).  He's confident this new arrangement will stop my "morning sickness" and "nervous tummy" - I do hope so.........and how I feel at the moment I'm willing to try anything!.  I'll keep you posted.  He did say it sometimes takes a while to find a woman the right thing...............you don't say!

I'm also glad menopause has been all over the news today - please God someone will finally realise that for some of us ladies this is the worst thing we've ever experienced. On occasions, during my really bad days and nights, I've sometimes thought I'd be better off dead than feeling like this......strong words I know, but entirely true. I can now fully understand how in past generations women would be carted off to the "funny farm" - IT IS HORRENDOUS!

• Posted

Sorry, my post should read "first two weeks estrogen and second two weeks estrogen and progestogen". Am brain dead - anyone would think I was menopausal lol!
  • Posted

Haha. .I know exactly what u mean I feel like death would b a blessing at times. ...sounds awful but it's true I've had mite na coil for nearly 11 years....was originally for contraception and heavy bleeding but as it releases progestogen my doc said best to keep it in as will help...God knows how bad it we'd b without it then if I feel so awful with it! I'm going to see go again before starting patches just to check it's right one for me....hope your new mix helps....xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.