Has anyone any had any experience with Cerelle mini pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was presribed Cerelle mini pill the other day. But after reading so manynegitive things about it. I'm wondering if it issafe to take and if it will make my anxiety worse. Has anyone any advice or exprences with Cerelle? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cat, I wish I'd also read the same as you before I gave Cerelle a try.  my doc advised me to come off it. ! I had only read the good stories where it stopped some women's periods altogether ! Great thought I. I am 46 ,have one child and am not wanting any more now.  So no periods would be great.  For me it was a bad experience where my periods got longer and longer until the last one on this pill lasted 28 days, after using it for only 4 months I felt enough was enough. I was not myself and became very moody, verging on aggressive (so not me ! ) but am not sure whether it was the pill itself doing this ? or my reaction to the physical effects the pill was causing ie constant bleeding. Talk about frustration and being at the mercy of a pill so small causing me so much trouble. You may be fine with it, many women are, but I wasn't.   It is as far as I know an extremely safe pill to take. I am sure you will know in yourself whether it is suiting you, my advice would be, try it for 2 or three months and see how it goes cos for you it may suit. But if it is doing your head in stop taking it and ask for something else. I have an implant now, which has been so ooo much better, it is also prog only. I am the last person on earth who ever thought I would have an implant being on the squeamish side !!  But insertion was nothing and I have had it for 14 months with no side effects at all apart from some irreg bleeds but nothing like as bad as cerelle. I actually feel nearly normal ! Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Elsa70,

Thanks for replying back. It sounds like you had a terrible exprence on Cerelle. I have read so many bad things about it, I think I found one person youtube that reported being fine. However, when I called my doctor to talk about my worries especially the depession anxiety side effect. She was very fourceful in saying that this pill was the safest for me because I have cancer and blood clots that run in my family and that I should try it now...  if I don't get on with it to just stop, I don't want to be on it for a really long time, because my boyfriend is studying away so I don't get to see him often, but thought it better to go on the pill as we were having a few weeks together in soon and I didn't want to end up with a child right now, wouldn't be far on him or me as we are far away at the moment. So I'll come off it after he goes back to uni anyway, which my doctor said was fine. But the side effect scare me especially reading some people self harmed or it made their anxiety so much worse. 

I'm glad the implant is now  working well for you. I hope that contuines to help and you're well and happy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.