Has anyone been able to eliminate fibroids naturally? Please share if you have.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am looking for a way to eliminate my 15-20 fibroids without surgery.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi about a month ago I explained to my doctor about my symptons with regard to my never ending period which she said could be fibroids due to my being 51 and possibly pre menopausal and my blood work coming back as being anemic with very low iron due to constant bleeding. She suggested I c my gynecologist. I went looking for a natural remedy and started cutting out caffeine, red meat, aspartame and other stuff I thought my help but nothing really did until I tried wheatgrass. I bought an 8oz bag online and fot the past month have been putting a heaping teaspoon in my daily fruit smoothie. Im half way through the 8oz and I have no more bleeding or cramps, blood clots or pain anywhere. The only other thing I continue to take is one a day multi vitamin for women over 50. I also now incorporated the wheatgrass into anything else like sauces or gravies...V8 juice was disgusting with it lol . this has helped and i cant believe it so i thought i would share...
  • Posted

Will it help with submucous myomas?i had a hysteroscopic myomectomy but i feel that its back cos 3 months after surgery i started having longer bleeding during my period. Will see my OB againbut you know how kost doctors donot really recommend any alternative methods aside fm surgery qnd i dont want to have anothrr surgery. sad
    • Posted

It should. I am just starting the Amanda Letos program and Wheatgeass is for all types. Mine is 6cm in the fundus. Intramural with submucosal component
  • Posted

I was scheduled to have laparoscopic hysterectomy in 3 weeks but I cancelled my surgery yesterday. I have 5-6 fibroids of all types (mainly submucosal and intramural), the largest of which is about 3cm, so not very big. My main concern was heavy, non-stop bleeding (my cycles were around 25 days and I would bleed heavily for about 15 of those, so I was bleeding more than not, which led to severe anaemia and I still have to be treated with regular iron infusions).

I was on a course of Esmya at the end of last year, which I took for 3 months before it was withdrawn from use. In the meantime I've altered my diet and lifestyle and been taking a range of herbs and supplements, including Vitex (agnus castus), extra magnesium and Vitamin D, milk thistle and dandelion and a high-quality vitamin supplement which includes Omega 3,6 and 9 oils.

I also suffer from a long-term inflammatory bowel condition (IBD) that flares up from time to time so I started researching Ayurvedic approaches, and now I also take a daily dose of triphala and shitavari (both available from Pukka Herbs). (Incidentally, wheatgrass is also considered to be effective in the treatment of IBD, so I have started drinking a shot of that first thing every morning - thanks for the tip!)

At my last scan in April, there had been some shrinkage of tumours, and my gynae consultant estimated that my uterus as a whole had shrunk from a 12-week to a 10-week size, which to be fair could be due to the Esmya, (which I finished in February). However, the biggest change has been in my bleeding pattern. My cycles now last 28-30 days and I bleed for only 6 of those days. Around day 2, I still bleed heavily for about 24-36 hours, but I've decided I can live with that, and now that I have a proper cycle which I can trace, I can factor those days into my lifestyle as a whole and I use those couple of days to rest and retreat.

I would say, more than the herbs and supplements or even the changes to my diet, the most important change I have made is to honour my body and its natural cycle. I used to rush around, juggling numerous projects, trying to be all things to all people all of the time and deliver 100% on everything. I was like a Duracell battery - I just kept on going. I lived a caffeine-and-alcohol fuelled existence - coffee in the morning to perk me up and a couple of glasses of wine in the evening to wind down. I do still drink a cup of coffee in the morning (supplemented with spirulina, turmeric and sea greens!) but I've cut out alcohol completely. I realised that the first thing pregnant women do is stop drinking and I thought - if alcohol is so poisonous to an unborn baby in the womb, why would I continue to drink that stuff and poison my own womb?

I certainly wouldn't claim to have discovered a 'miracle cure' and I have accepted that to a certain extent I will probably have to live with these little buggers for the rest of my life, along with my IBD. But both are more manageable now, and as IBD tends to naturally fall into remission in the later years, I reckon if I can make it through to menopause (I'm 48 now), I'll be okay, and I'll have a happy healthy old age to look forward to smile

In the meantime, I've learned the importance of rest and relaxation and of taking time to listen to my body and the messages she is giving me.

I really hope this helps someone here and gives you hope. Don't give up - we DO have the power to heal ourselves, it just takes time, patience, courage - and a lot of research...

xx   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.