Has anyone come off Evorel Conti patches ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been on Evorel Conti patches for 12 years .Though I am fine I am concerned about possible risks to health and would like to feel as good as I do now but without taking HRT.Is this possible?I have been on1/2 a patch for 12 years as I cut the dose right at the beginning as had a fibroid and wondered if HRT wasn't helping ?Trying to reduce to 1/3 twice a week and come of slowly.The only problem I have at the moment is I get very hot at night though don't sweat much but wake up in the early hours and then feel slightly anxious.Usually manage to go back to sleep.Just wondering how long it takes to get over this and will I go back to sleeping well etc?I don't know if being on HRT is a type of addiction?Or just like taking a supplement for improve health ?The information is still so varied .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I was also on Evoril Conti Patches and weaned myself off over a period of time.....there's no exact time frame, you just continue with what you're doing until you can come right off.....you'll know when ! After a short period of minor flushes after I came off I'm my 60s now and FINE truly, .....yes, I do still get a bit warm at night ! But NOTHING like the hot flushes of years before.....(10 a night at the beginning

and waking exhausted !!! ) no joint aches / depression/ mood swings / paranoia /monthly cycles.......!!!!!

I'm free.......

Good luck Hun. 💕

• Posted

Hi Mel, I'm off to see the Dr next week about HRT. You mention joint aches , was this something you were experiencing before the patches? I get really bad neck, shoulder and jaw pain which cannot be attributed to anything else, all tests come back clear.Hoping HRT might help? Xx
    • Posted

Yes Mooma, the joint aches started with the Menopause....I turned into a little ol lady almost overnite !! Apparently I think it's called Sinovial ( not sure about the name ) fluid which "oils" our joints is affected by lack of Oestragen...Once I started my HRT...it gradually all went away.......I always say that after some months into menopause, and before I took HRT...I felt as if someone had pulled my personal plug out of the socket...and I'd deflated like a balloon....

After a very short time on the right HRT for me......I felt plugged back in again !! Myself....Normal...( at least normal for me...!! Lol 😄 )

Good luck Hun... Xxx

• Posted

Thanks Mel, I so hope it works. Tried everything else. Need to have a life again. I'm not the same me anymore. I try but the pain really gets me down. Xx
    • Posted

I do hope so for you too.....did you ever have a contraceptive pill when younger ? My Doctor went for the same combination of drug that I had as a contraceptive, as it really suited me and I had no problems.....but in HRT...

Obviously it's in a way lower dose.....but we hit " pay dirt"  and it worked straight away...

Over a period of about 6 to 8 weeks..the hot flushes went first, then the moods lifted ( I was sleeping better with no night flushes ! ) and then, feeling so much better, my joints eased and I was walking and swimming again...

Good luck honey 

Mel 💕

• Posted

Thanks Mel ..... It's good to know one can come HRT successfully.Will carry on reducing patch gradually.
    • Posted

Hi Mel, yes I did use the contraceptive pill and never had any problems. Perhaps I'll ask about that when I go. It's the back of my neck and jaws that are so stiff and painful. Got an appt a week today. Thanks for sharing and the advice. I'll let you know how I get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.