Has anyone done the stem cell procedure?

Posted , 6 users are following.

im thinking of trying this procedure , anyone out there know anything about it . They use your own stem cells for this procedure.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of stem cell for LS. I will be eager to hear from others about this as well

• Posted

The is in CALIFORNIA with Dr NEWMAN you can google him

• Posted

Hi, I'm not a fan, but each to their own. I think if you google it there is information out there.

• Posted

Hi, I'm not a fan, but each to their own. I think if you google it there is information out there.

• Posted

Yes. I've had 2 treatments a month apart. Will have one more, then wait 6 months to see if the first three helped. If they did, then I will have a treatment again at 6 months.

Blood is drawn, about 10cc, which is spun down in a special machine, to separate plasma, and also filtered.

Assistant will come in with 5 syringes, each with 1cc of the PRP in them. Doctor will inject 1cc at each of 5 spots around the area to be treated.

So far, I've not noticed much. The injection is painful. I got an Rx for 5% lidocaine gel, which I applied liberally. That helped a lot! Hardly felt the injections the second time around.

Insurance does not cover. Cost $400 each time. So we'll see how it goes. I'm 70, so my response may not be as good as that of someone younger. My doc is a cosmetic dermatologist. She told me that PRP is highly recommended for LS. Stats support its use.

I'm thinking the insurance companies and Medicare should approve PRP for LS. It's not like we would do it for "cosmetic" reasons. LS is a painful and debilitating condition!

• Posted

thank you for the info This Dr in California is really expensive 4700 for one treatment ... but if it works

Has anyone used Tacrolimus .03% oint

• Posted

Don't think I would trust that doc. He's gouging the price.

I also recently had a DNA test through tellmeGen. Found out I have a mutation that interferes with my ability to utilize folic acid, B12, and couple other things. That effects some stress factors, and could be causing my LS flares. I will continue to follow this thread to see what things I can do. Found out there is a vitamin formulated for people with the MTHFR mutation. They even sell it on amazon. Since I started on the vitamin, my brain seems a lot more clear, and my energy doesn't suddenly slump after meals.

• Posted

hi, i had it done about 4 years ago. it was awkward and the lidocaine wore off fast on me, but i managed. they did one treatment only and i got cellulitis afterwards so i had antibiotics which made me nauseus. they said i had bacteria naturally present which caused the infection and opted not to do the second treatment. I haven't done much intervening since and have eaten lots of sugar, etc. and ive held up pretty good. I may consider it again with a different doc. I'm not sure how i feel.... kind of experimental but we don't have tons of good options! Happy to answer any further questions. I've also done the T pellet, so that may have contributed to helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.