Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I'm mostly just curious (not concerned or anything) but basically, every now and then I get spots or zits on my face and back. Just one or two, here and there.

Well, I got one on my back and, being the typical person with no self control that I am, I squeezed it and popped it. Then, of course, I messed with it and picked at it until it became a scab.. (not recommended, obviously but I lack basic self control, like I said). Anyway, when it became a scab, I managed to leave it for around a week by covering it with a plaster to stop myself being able to get at it. When I took off the plaster and got at the scab again, it pealed off quite easily but hurt really badly. When I got it away from my skin, I saw it had a solid "core" of hard white pus attached to it, and had left a nice, bleeding crater on my back.

Anyway, I'm mostly just curious if anyone else had experienced something like this as I never have before.

Thankssmile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I used to have a friend who would always mess with her spots and this happened often. It wasn't very nice to see but the hole is most likely where the pus had built up inside the spot and it has bleed out now you have removed it. It's normal when someone messes with their spots so often but the more often you pick at them the more bacteria can enter the skin which will cause more pus issues etc.

I'm sure you know the only way to avoid this is not to mess with your spots anymore. Doing so will cause it to take longer and longer to heal and probably leave you with a lot of scars afterwards because of the number of times you kept removing scabs as they were trying to heal. Try your best not to touch anymore or at the very least only touch when your hands are clean. smile

• Posted

Hi 

How long has this so called bleeding crater been in that condition.  If after a week or so it is not healing or is still sore then it may be smart to have a medic take a look at it.  I had this happen on my nose and it turned out to be something which required surgery my advice if it is not healing get it looked at.

• Posted

Hi,

thankyou for your advice! This was a previous experience and has been gone for a while now! Sorry for not making that clear!!!

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.