Has anyone else had an injection into there spine?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi next week I'm having an injection hopefully to help with pain. I have a major curvature and discs are rubbish. Plus nerves trapped due to this. Hoping it helps with pain etc.

Does it actually help?

Already started taking new med, which is helping a bit.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok great. I'm due for lower tummy scope test too soon...... So I'll make sure I mention it both times lol. It took about 6 lots for spinal tap/mylogram lol. Still hurt like hell. Same with tooth filling finally worked as I was leaving dentist lol. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

Glad to hear you came through this successfully, I just wished they had worked for me.  I hope you carry on pain free for a long time.

Linda x

• Posted

Well, I used to do those blocks for a living, they are fairly easy to learn to do actually and it is a bit like learning to ride a bike, once you've got it, you've got it.  I didn't see anyone warn you on here about the biggest concern for a female on gabapentin getting frequent steroid shots, you will be HUNGRY constantly!  Before you know it, you won't be wearing size 6 anymore LOL.  I have all sorts of problems with my own spine and that was what made me limit how often I got the blocks, they worked really well for me pain-wise, but I wanted to fit in my jeans.  Anyway, hopefully this first set of three will do the trick and you will be done for good! That was my favorite kind of patient.wink

• Posted

Lol yes Steroids do make you eat more. Been on oral ones on low dose for a while. Try and keep active if I can do more hopefully I'll stay ok weight.

But worth trying as pain was horrendous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.