Has anyone else had piggyback surgery for halos?

Posted , 3 users are following.

had IOL surgery 6months ago. Now I have bad halos he wants to do a piggyback lens which may or may not work.has anyone had it does it work?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had halos, rays and glare as well a flickering on the left side of my field of vision. A  (2nd opinion) surgeon thought the piggy back might help the halos, rays and glare, but doubted that it would help the flickering, which has about the most annoying of my symptoms. I went ahead with the piggyback and afterwards (surprisingly) the fickering was way reduced, but the rays halos and glare were (if anything) worse. That was over a year ago now and I'm still trying to figure out whether anything else can be done. A lens replacement seems a possibility, but after so long may be too risky. Plus still have to decide what to do about the 2nd eye which has not been touched, that has a worseing cataract.

• Posted

My dr gave me brimonidine tartrate works good for the halos so maybe I will just stay with that. I am so afraid of another surgery!
    • Posted

Don't do IOL they have  Square edge that's where you get halos flares  etc.

• Posted

"Don't do IOL"?

I and practically everyone posting here already has an IOL implanted.

So what do you mean, one particular IOL?

• Posted

I tried brimonidine and it did work to some extent, but since it shrinks your pupil, it reduces your night vision.
  • Posted

I had a piggyback lens inserted because they botched the prescription that they put in my right eye.  I had no close vision & could not see very well for distance.  After much complaining they admitted that they overcorrected my right eye.  The vision is better but it still is not perfect.  I am going to see if they can also put one in my left eye because they botched that prescription also, but it is not as bad as the right eye was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.