Has anyone else had refracturing and how did Dr fix it

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a rod and screws placed on my Rt femur 5 years ago never had and problems but stiffness and a little knee pain. I'm 27 years old. 6 months ago while at work I swong my leg over a ladder then had pain in Rt groin area 2 hrs after I felt the pain was so server couldn't move or bare weight at all went to er they said screw in hip looked like it broke and had a fracture about 3 inches below the hip they put me on crutches and sent me home 3 days later my leg swelled up they also couldn't believe I didnt fall or have a accident to cause the screw and fracture break but because it wasn't acute fracture they wouldn't transport me to hospital that did sergery they were more worried about the swelling than the fracture the pain was intense for 3 weeks then started ease up stayed on crutches 2 month then tryied to start walking again only walked on it for 2 days woke up with same pain and swelling returning went back to er they told me I had refractured it in same spot but they said the rods not moving and they didn't think screw would cause it but It feels like something is moving in my hip I then stayed off of my leg for almost 3 months and tryied walk again walk maybe half day on it then I felt the same pain and swelling started its been 6 months now finally got a spot with orthopedic surgeon next week has anyone every experience refracturing same spot and should I see about having rod removed

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Dustin sorry that you are feeling this, I fractured my hip and l know the pain and inability to bear weight is horrendous and they should be doing more for you than they appear to be doing, it doesn't sound like you are in UK because I think they would be doing more a lot quicker.

Staying of your feet as much as you can to lessen the impact on it.

Let me know how you proceed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.