has anyone else had toes not touching the floor following bunion and hammer toe surgery.?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had bunion and hammer toe surgery 2 and a half weeks ago and i am worried as the two hammer toes were shortened and had nextra implants put in. At the moment these toes are not touching the floor. Could this be due in part due to the swelling underneath the toes? I am getting really worried

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes after bunion surgery my toes didn't touch the ground for a while, you are still swollen.  As you get more mobile and with less swelling this will improve.  
  • Posted

Hi John I am 16 week post op with a hallux valgus, and akins proceedure. My big toe still doesn't completely touch the floor, the surgeon has it's fine and not to worry about it.
    • Posted

Smab, how are you finding walking?

ie pushing off the big toe?

• Posted

Hi kelly what does Smab mean please. and I am still in the walker boot so walking on the heel. Please explain?
    • Posted

Smab97 is the username of the post above me. I was asking them a question.
    • Posted

Hi Kelly absolutely fine till today when my toe was very sore, so visited surgeon. I had my foot x-rayed and found out I have fractured the site of the osteotomy! Looking forward to 6 weeks in a back slab and crutches. Very fed up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.