Has anyone else's doctor informed them CDC's "suggestion " that C2's can only get

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctor recently informed me that the CDC has recommended that anyone that takes a Schedule 2 for cancer, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, etc. should only be given a supply for 7 days at a time! That means 4 co-pays per month!!! Is anyone else outraged by this? This is unfair discrimination against people who suffer with pain from a variety of ailments. I know that oxycotin and street Fentanyl from China is a problem, but this "suggestion" unfairly lumps legitimate patients with street users. I feel that, at the very least, that a petition should be started. What do you think? I wear a Fentanyl patch for chronic pain for multiple spine degeneration issues and get a 3 month supply via a mail order pharmacy. This initiative would kill my ability to receive my medication and not have to worry if the pharmacist ordered it. Why am I being punished? Please let me know what you think---your thoughts are welcome!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have heard thhis from my pain doc and I, too, am outraged.  Since when did the CDC have ANYTHING to do with American's pain med usage?  This, if anything, belongs to the FDA, and even then, this is an over-reaction of the highest order.

Sure, ,make those of us with legitimate chronic pain suffer for those who use drugs illegally, or for those people who are so STUPID they sue their doctors if they get addicted to addictive medicine.  I have also heard of docs being charged with murder if a patient overdoses on a prescribed med.  It is another sign of how screwed up this country is, and the government's intrusion on our personal lives.

I, too, am on a fentanyl patch, have been for over 15 yrs for neurogenic pain associated with my MS.  I have started to seriously consider going thru withdrawal with medical intervention, as it is impossible to do it at home, with the horrible physical symptoms it causes.  It scares me to death to think of the withdrawal, and it scares me to think I will be forced to stop using fentanyl.  It was not my idea in the first place, but it is the only med that has allowed me to live a fairly normal life, as in, the ability to work, etc.

I am outraged and do not know where to turn.  Every timeI go see my pain doc I am afraid I will be told I cannot get another prescription for fentanyl, even though I have been the picture of compliance for the entire 15+ years I have used it.  Something is very wrong here!

Thanks, mpj123 for bringing this important issue to light.

• Posted

I have noticed several drug screens per year both saliva and urine. Each test cost about 800.00 USD. I get patch counts every 2 months on my regular scheduled visit.  I had to see a shrink because I also take 3 medications for anxiety, due to a road rage incident I was involved in. I got hit by another car the guy gets out to start a fight but I new better than to get out of my car as if I did I was just as guilty as he, then he gets in his car and takes off, so I get 911 on phone explained incident and got the OK to follow the fleeing car. After about 8 miles he takes an off ramp to a small town and I just gave the 911 operator the street and which way I turned it took about 2-3 minutes for the police to swarm the intersection we were at. I had to testify for the State along with an Air Force Captain who also wrote a witness report and the guy got prison time for his actions. About a week later it hit me how much differently that could have turned out and began suffering panic attacks, and severe anxiety. However the shrink  and therapist said my meds were all appropriate. Sorry I got into rambling on but things are not the same here in the USA like it was 40 yrs ago. Even though the amount of narcotic scripts increased the same in both of our countries that's why I think we have the drug problem of no jobs stagnant wages the only enjoyment able to be found by many is drug abuse?? However your country must be doing something different like making treatment available along with careers that provide a comfortable living. Here one must work 2 full time jobs to survive.

Yes they do lump heroin users with legit pain patients just to make their argument sound more serious. Our government stopped listening to us in the 1980s when Reagen was President.

I still get 2-3 months supply but one month at a time and its always been this was for class 2 narcotics. Recently they made a 5 mg. Vikaden a class 2 narcotic. What a joke!!!!

We must babysit our Pharmacy to make sure in advance they have our meds when we need them.

Sadly we must stay informed and play this "game" well. That's my suggestion. Also it is an election year in the USA and the big shots must pretend to be busy while they continue robbing ours and our kid's futures. 

just hang in there and stay on top of things and you will be fine, a lot of inconvenience but still fine. I am in 300mcg/hr patch every 48 hrs so I know I am on someones radar screen

That's what I think??

Marty aka BUG   

• Posted

I've been reading the Fentanyl threads here for a few days and I appreciate some of your responses Bugman. I am on 100mcg/72hrs for 11 years. I have Lupus, Fibro and a host of other things going on. My dr recently told me that he was going to stop prescribing narcotics period. He referred me to a pain clinic but the day before my appt they called and said they didn't want to waste my or their time - that they don't prescribe the patches. Soooo, I decided to get off of them. I'm tired of jumping thru hoops making sure the pharmacy ordered them, the dr has the rx written ON TIME, etc Plus I live in FL and I live in GA during the summer. So lots have gone into my decision. I'm not going to be starting detox until I return to FL in Oct. My dr has agreed to support me thru the summer and I'VE devised a plan to reduce dosage by 25mcg each month with hopefully supportive care from my dr. Anyway, I enjoy reading your responses and things you've written as I'm reviewing and studying and trying to be as pro-active as I can to get prepared. So, again, thank you. Also when did you hear about the CDC's recommendation? Recently?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.