Has anyone ever brokena kneecap and not known until it started to be painful? I had a nasty fall

Posted , 2 users are following.

About 4 years ago now, I was out walking my dog at the time, walked over some uneven slabs on the path, and down I went. Took me a while to get up, but up I got, then continued to walk back home. There was no one about at the time. When I got home my knee looked like it had a golf ball under the skin, and boy it hurt like hell. The pain went away and the swelling went after a couple of days rest and hot compresses on it to bring it down. I have psoriatic arthritis, osteopsorisis and osteo arthritis. The last few months it has been clicking every time i bend my knees, just kneeling down on it the last couple of weeks has pushed 2 bits of cartiliage out. It is quite painful now. I saw my RA nurse and she has got me an appointment to have it assessed and a steriod injection will be given. Just wondered if anyone else had been through this or known someone that has and how it got sorted.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.