Has anyone ever experienced an outbreak on their clitoris?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been living with genital herpes for over 20 years and this is the first time that I've ever gotten and outbreak on the tip of my clitoris. The pain is the most excruciating pain I've experienced since I've had herpes (and like I said I've had it for over 20 yrs ). I cried everytime I had to use the bathroom I felt like I was peeing razor blades! Anyway I eventually got through it, I am taking Valtrex so it didn't last long (2 days) but it felt like forever. Anyway since then I've been noticing that my clit is extra sensitive to touch and not in a good way even sometimes my underware hurts. So I'm just putting the question out there to to see if anyone has experienced the same thing or anything similar and hoping someone has any tips or ideas on what I can do to get my clit back to it's normal state? Thanks any ideas help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm guessing it just needs time to feel normal again. In the meantime, perhaps you can try lidocaine to help numb the area and avoid clothes that rub as much as possible.

Out of interest, and if you don't mind me asking, how often do you get outbreaks? Few people on here have had GH for that long, so just wondering what it's generally like after so many years, besides this latest painful recurrence, that is.

• Posted

Not very often it all depends on my stress level I try to stay active and eat as healthy as I can when life is good (meaning no stress ) my outbreaks are minimal maybe 2 or 3 a year.
    • Posted

Do you mind if I ask how it has impacted on your life sexually emotionally and with relationships. Also, do you have 1 or 2?
    • Posted

I have type 2 and when I first contracted it yes it did really affect me emotionally and in my sexual relationships. But over the years I've learned to live with it and by eating healthy exercising and taking my daily suppressive medication (Valtrex ) I'm able to lead a normal sexually healthy lifestyle with minimal outbreaks.

• Posted

I have been living with genital herpes for about 4 years.  Four months ago I had only my second outbreak since my initial one. I never got sores but have had red, very sensitive and prodone lumps in more areas than before including my clit and they have still not gone away.  The post from the lady before this said she got on her clit for first time too and was curious if it ever went away for her. Im worried I will never get over this outbreak because it has lasted over 4 months and desperate to know if there is anything I can do to feel normal again. Now that it has hit my clit, will i never be able to have sex again? 
  • Posted

I’m new to this forum and I realize this is an older post, but I hope this can help someone in the future. I have had herpes for 14 yrs. Never had I had a break out on my clitoris. I have been suffering with this pain for over a week when I found this thread. I’m big into essential oils and thought I’d make up a roller bottle of essential oils. I use doTerra but I’m sure any brand could help. I just swear by these. I took 15 drops of each of the following:

Copaiba

Melaleuca

Frankincense 

Oregano

Lavender 

And filled the rest of my bottle with coconut oil. My bottle was a 15 ml bottle. 

I started rolling it on every time I went to the bathroom. Before I started this, the pain was so bad it was waking me in my sleep and I saw no end in site. It was horrible. I’m on day 2. The pain is cut in half at least, and I can see that my sores are starting to go away. I was able to sleep until 530 am when the pain woke me again. I got up and used the roller and it went away. It helps with not only the pain, but swelling and itching too. Give it a s**t. This will be my go to for every outbreak in the future. I hope this can help someone!!!! 

• Posted

What you are experiencing is clitordynia caused by nerve damage. Herpes

lives in the nerves. I had this and was treated with amitripyline (spelling?). It takes awhile and you have to slowly up the dose, but it works. The good thing is it immediately gives relief.

• Posted

oldlady73 is correct i have been living with it for over 10 years not knowing what was wrong with me as i didnt have your text book lesions nerve pain has ruined my life for years i take acyclovir and amitriptyline. amitriptyline has saved my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.