Has anyone ever felt this way? panic attack?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone ever felt that every time they started having/having panic attack they were going to loose it, like just loose their mind.. picture it like screaming & crying, loosing control, falling over, puking, throwing things..just going mad? but then in reality (you set their squirming around in a tensed sitting position/ and or pacing back and forth slightly crying/ breathing weirdly/resctricted )?  what are your panic attacks like?

I've noticed theres usually two different types of panic attacks people describe... the 'heart attack scare' they think they're dying, their heart is pounding, breathing is weird.. its very physical. the other (the kind I experience) is the 'emotional temporary breakdown' the( impending doom and fearful feeling that overwhelms you, you feel like the world is ending, and you fear your loosing your ability to cope, and function, and fear it will take you over)

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes your very right, both are frightening. The emotional kind is the worst as they can't be shaken off so easily, can easily become something to worry and obsess about. Then they become entrenched, and not attacks any more just a constant state of being
  • Posted

I definitely get shortness of breath I have some what asthma so I start to feel tight chested can't breath I need to go out side and get cold fresh air if I dont I feel dissy and could black out. I get sweaty palms sweaty feet my panick is not necessarily anything just can't breath it sucks specially when I'm hungover I get more panick attacks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.