Has anyone ever had this?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I experience a gentle dizzy spell, then my face,cheeks, and forehead fill with pressure. Then My left ear becomes plugged along with my left dostril becomes plugged. I have to continue to hold my nose while blowing out to relieve pressure in left ear. All of this cuases a very unbalanced feeling. I have had this for several years every day. It can happen atleast 3 times in a day and last for hours. 

Just can not believe anxiery could do this for such a long time. 

Any thoughts ??

I saw ENT and nueroligist 2 years ago with ct scan and mri. Northing showed up.

The past 3 months have been worse for me.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

yes could well be just anxiety, or some sinus problems - very common either way
  • Posted

Its just anxieties. You said your ear has pressure in it do you think this could be related to ear problems. Have you had your ears checked out. If i were you I would have your ears checked out because it can be related to ear infections or loss of hearing have it checked out 

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hey there,

No I have had ears checked and they are fine. Cat scan said my sinuses are okay too. The neurologist thinks it is migraine but I have no headache. All they want to do is give you pills. I bber have headaches but I do get ocular migraines about twice a year but no headache.(ocular migraines are only flashing in the eyes) This really drives me crazy

• Posted

Migraines occur pretty frequently with no pain at all, very common
    • Posted

Hi there, Yes I understand that but to have this every day for several years. Sometimes I connect it will the weather. When the clouds are moving quickly or when barametric pressure drops or increase alot
  • Posted

Have you seen dentist? Sounds like TMJ. Can string along with anxiety sadly.Do you grind or clench your teeth? 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, Yes I have seen a dentist. I do wear a night guard for grinding and have been doing that for about 4 years.
    • Posted

Night guard is also for TMJ
    • Posted

You might  have a tmj flare up going on. Ihad that a few weeks back. Jaw hurt tingling..awful. Now have sinus infection out of nowhere. Face sinuses.  Make sure your mouthgaurd is in good shape. Eat soft foods for about two weeks, nothing chewy or crunchy and hopefully it will calm itself down. If it feels worse over the next few days just pop in an urgi senter or see your Gp or doc in case it is your sinuses as well. I had no clue except crazy headaches and some tinnitus sounds started and then my bp raises from anxiety and it all became a huge mess.im hoping in a few days it all calms itself down now. But started similiar to you with a tmj flare up. 
  • Posted

Sounds anxiety related. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and when I'm extremely anxious one of my sinuses starts dripping like a faucet...along with dizziness and typical anxiety symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi i was wondering if you were ever standing up and you get this feeling like medicine is being pumped through your neck head back of throat and nostrils. Have you had this before? Basically like i have eaten something spicy and the spice is still lingering. I cant figure this one out

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth. ..umm I'm not sure what you mean but when the sinus thing happens it's literally like a dripping faucet. It started over a year ago...sometimes has a scent to it. It's really weird. Only happens when I'm extremely anxious tho 😕.

When I eat food alot of the time some reminents of food go up in the sinus. And I end up blowing it out of my nose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.