has anyone ever put a complaint in about their nhs phyciatrist? ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I believe iv been properly mistreated by my pdr. Iv been told to write to her & request a new consultant as we don't connect. Far from the truth i feel she's another dr Shipton... Iv been so ill after the meds she's put me on the worst thing is she new it wouldn't be good for me.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think you should get to it right away. Maybe you can call her
    • Posted

No I couldn't call her ..I pleaded with her not to put me on that med ..I was crying saying I just wana die I cnt fight anymore all my energy gone .. Im not living just existing . She sed your going on it & turned her back... I sat there for a few 2nds didn't realise she was done.. so she told me to go .. talk about stamping on ya head..

• Posted

I know the feeling. I had to beg and plead but my doctor listened. And knew a medicine . some doctors only know a few medicines and give them to everyone. Sometimes the pharmacist can make suggestions you can share with a new doctor
    • Posted

My gp is great bt what my pdr says gos.. his hands are tied. ?? I'm seeing my gp tomorrow to hopefully start citrolpram. .I believe it's good with lithium ..I asked her for this & she said no ??

• Posted

It is my belief that unless you have diminished capacity, or detained under the mental health act, you cannot be forced to take a medication. You need to speak to another doctor about altering your medication BEFORE you do it and write the letter requesting a new psychiatrist. Then ring the office where they work and ask about their complaints procedure. Do you have a CPN or Social Worker who can help you/advocate for you.

I wish you well x

• Posted

No I don't I did but I didn't feel any use for them.. I didn't want to get a bus to town to meet a suport worker for a coffee ..I really couldn't see the use in it .. I don't leave the house never mind get a bus . I had a health visitor who said just write a letter ask for a new 1 .. but to leave it at that . Iv been so ill she nos my situation I don't understand why she would do such an evil thing. Iv spoken about it to my dr..he says nothing ..he can't I dnt think. Only follow her instructions ??

• Posted

Perhaps the point if the support worker is to get you out? A step towards living, not existing? I know it's not for everyone.

I you haven't written a letter to change psych's yet, perhaps you could kill two birds with one stone and explain in the letter why you want a new one x

• Posted

I cnt get buses. She was only 22 very nice girl bt trying to make conversation was really tiring.. awkward silences that made me feel really uncomfortable. .

Iv wrote the leter was told to write pls refer me as I don't think we connect. I did write a reason letter at 1st but got worried I wouldn't be offered anymore help or I'd be treated worse .x

• Posted

Thats understandable. Hope you get the change you've requested x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.