Has anyone experienced?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, as the title states "advice" . I have been dealing with my symptoms for 14 months, are the following bloating, upper left discomfort and yellow to light brown stools ranging. i have had some test in the past for infections and some ultrasounds, everything came back pretty normal other than confirming gastritis.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

any burning? gerd symptoms present?

i have something similar for 2 years...did everything...ct scan..ultrasound...2 endoscopy...1 colonoscopy...all came clear... with mild gastritis...

so far i am on keto diet...and trying to improve.... btw i had never stomach issue b3fore this.

i was desperate.... hopeless...

now i just stop watching my stool and just trying to avoid chocolate.. tomatoes.white rice ..etc.

• Posted

yes burning and very bad acid reflux (possibly gerd). funny you mention gastritis because i did have a endoscopy to confirm.

• Posted

may i ask, are you stools not normal? do they differ in colour?

• Posted

sure they do..depends what i eat..... they will be light brown to dark brown..light yellow/brownish...never yellow never white..always hint of brown. so its diet based and only in my head.

how did it start for you?

for me i was wrongly given 2 sets of tripple therapy for helycobacter pylori..for over 2 months...while i had none... it burned me...

i am not ok...but trying to find balance and i take the life one day at the time. i am 36 male

• Posted

mine just started out of no where.. my stools are very yellow. i have no clue what's causing it either. i am male 23 for age.

• Posted

try light foods.... no white bread no much wheat if possible....and see if the colour changes slowly. absolutely forget about alcohol for now....unless you wanna drink none alcoholic bier that can help you clean. avoid red meat at all cost for now as well

. try chicken and fish.....if possible and broccoli + cauliflower is your friend.... just try and if it changes then be prepared to adjust your diet permanently.

• Posted

gastritis is inflammation of stomach lining.... it can make the food pass thorugh little faster....so if you eat hard to digest foods it can end up not fully absorbed and bile (that turns your poo brown) may not be fully released....so its a complicated process.but as i said for now...lets work with what you know...gastritis ---} you require diet adjustment and watch what you eat till uou recover. if it doesnt help then we can move from there....

hint: stress and anxiety could be major factors....relax and take it easy bro.

• Posted

Hi,

I have what you are describing intermittently and am going thru a long bout now of about a month.

Have had colonoscopy, upper GI and the only thing found was gastritis. Sucks to have an upset stomach all the time, believe me I know, but dont know what you can do other than modify your diet(really hard to do for me) and perhaps the PPI drugs may help. I take pantoprazole and it does seem to help a little sometimes. Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you. JIm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.