Has anyone experienced a Tic movements whilst on an antidepressant?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was started on Citilopram for anxiety but stopped it after 3 months after i seemed to develop a weird facial tic, grimacing. Dr told me it was the anxiety causing the tic. These abnormal facial movements continued for around 3 months after stopping Citilopram as it was leaving my system but then started to ease. However, as my anxiety and panic got worse, a few months later I started Sertraline and the Tic movements got worse. 6 months on Sertraline now and facial tic, nose scrunching is even worse. Now a painful habit that doesnt stop. Could this be the medication causing this...?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do not think its the medication causing the issues, i think its you finding a way to cope with irritation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.