Has anyone experienced dizzy spell similar to a bad hangover?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel like I have a bad hangover, last week I was great on the first decrease, apart from increased tinnitus. I woke today and my head is swimming. I intend to stay on 37.5mg for the month then decrease again. The appetite hasn't decreased, no such luck.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had scary dizzy spells at night 3 weeks after stopping. This has happened about 3 times on each time it made my anxiety extremely worse for a the next 2 days. Been 3 months now and still wake up subdued at times and had the odd dizzy spell the other day. I was on 15mg for a year
  • Posted

I feel the same coming off venlafaxine ?? when i came off mirt the hunger / cravings didn't stop until weeks later .. but the painful side effects disappeared pretty fast thankfully ??

• Posted

I had the cravings when I first came on them. I did cold turkey. Still not 100% usually if I start to feel odd it's at night or I'm the morning

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

I've had spells of challening balance problems and treated a few times for vertigo - I think you are talking about something more. Do you think it's the titration? Or did you have it before you started your tapere?

• Posted

I have had similar from time to time and have experienced tinnitus for many years. Last week the tinnitus was loud and persistent. That's gone now. I'm wondering if my symptoms are delayed. I started reducing 11 days ago and I hadn't felt any I'll effect, the tinnitus was a nuisance, but this dizziness is unpleasant. I think I'll wait a couple of days and maybe speak to my GP if it doesn't go. Mentally I'm calm and happy so I don't want to increase the dose. I've gone from 45mg to 37.5mg. My intention is to reduce by 7.5mg every 4 weeks, but that may new reviewing if withdrawal is severe.

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

Yes that "swimming/water in the head" is common, some even get it as a side effect as opposed to a wd symptom.  

Its quite a big cut 45 to 37.5, about a 16.5% ... you might be lucky, some get away with it, wait and see how you are, I hope you do well.  Of course if its too big just go smaller next time.  

Yes I agree with you, some folk do get a delayed wd symptom, many at 2 weeks I read.  You may do well, only time will tell you.  Here's hoping for you.

Wishing you well.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.