Has anyone experienced 'eye problems' whilst taking Lisinopril

Posted , 1 user is following.

Has anyone experienced 'eye problems' whilst taking Lisinopril?

[i:e7062dde43]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e7062dde43]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

YES!!!One month after starting Lisinopril my eyes are so blurry it is driving me round the bend...nobody seems to believe me.

[i:265c315cae]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:265c315cae]

• Posted

I have also been experiencing a constant soreness and aching behind the eyes for the last month or so since my dosage of lisinopril was increased from 10mg to 20mg daily, and I have been wondering whether this is a side effect, as I have neve experienced it before. While I was on a lower dose the side effects were negligeable, athough I have been getting more headaches than usual. The increased dosage seems finally to have worked as far as my BP is concerned, but I feel rather tired and depressed. As I will be having a routine appointment with my doctor next week I will bring it up then.

[i:78b8a57206]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:78b8a57206]

• Posted

My GP has just taken me off Atenolol (which I had been on many years with no probs) - and just put me on lisinoprol. I have only been on it for 10 days and already I feel really poorly - I feel spaced out, have funny heads and sickly.

However I was interested in your comment about your eyes as since taking them I have had a terrible runny right eye and aching eye.

I am hoping to have a chat with my GP later this morning.

Judy

[i:a014d9234b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a014d9234b]

• Posted

My eyes are also now so blurry I am seriously worried, I type for a living and it is causing me severe problems.

I never had this until I started taking Lisinopril and it is getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.