Has anyone experienced laparoscopy following previous surgical complications

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope someone can advise me. I've been recommended (hopefully) keyhole surgery on my 10cmx8cm cyst. It was discovered during a routine pregnancy ultrasound and is believed to be simple/fluid filled. 

This far I've done watchful waiting even though medics advised surgery i was in terror of more surgery after my emergency C section went wrong and I ended up back by ambulance to hospital, after being discharged. Thankfully my son was always well but it's left an impact on me re fear of surgery. 

I've tried several natural remedies I'm sure my overall health has improved but the stubborn cyst remains and I'm keen to put this episode far behold me.

A

ny advice welcomed, thank you....A

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Has to be individual decision but whst is the chance of it turning into something nasty if you leave. Or what complications could you end up with? Plus if you leave it they may not be able to do keyhole but cut you open again. Perhaps you could have another chat with your medical team to ask all these questions.  Xx
    • Posted

Thank you June. I'm planning to speak with my gynae again this week and have the procedure done this side of Christmas if possible. What are your experiences of surgery have you gone through it yourself? 
  • Posted

I'm lucky in that I don't suffer with sickness with anaesthetic, but now they so good at giving meds to stop. Had hysterectomy and recently this ovary and omentum removal. Both times I was looked after extremely well. I was in hospital six nights, bit longer than first thought, but nursing staff were brilliant. You just have to listen and follow the advice they give you and you will be fine xx
    • Posted

Thank you June. Though I do hope to have more children(at this point I have the one boy and in my thirties). The surgeon knows this and I'm sure will do all he can to save what's possible. 
  • Posted

I've recently had a total abdominal hysterectomy due to a 10cm cyst and even though I was scared stiff beforehand cos I hate hospitals, I found it quite a pleasant experience and was very well looked after and kept out of pain and the nurses were all lovely in fact I was having such a nice time I wanted to stay a bit longer lol. I was in from Monday till Thursday and everything seems to have healed well.  

I also had a cyst in pregnancy which was also 10 cm, 23 years ago and had the operation to remove the cyst and my ovary and tube as the cyst caused me a lot of pain as it had twisted and cut the blood supply off so I was quite lucky I had the operation within 2 weeks of them finding it.  Although my CA125 test was high the cyst was thankfully benign. 

• Posted

Thank you Janet that is reassuring. I'm sure the physical condition going in for surgery is bound to contribute to the outcome and I am feeling very well now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.