Has anyone experienced memory problems while taking Losartan?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on Losartan approximately 2 months and now I'm struggling to recall words. Also, noticed increase in joint pain.  I have joint pain in my left index finger but notice soreness in my right hand ring finger since being on  Losartan. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes Mesirm, I have noticed I just sit there when a conversation came up and wanted to join in but was literally lost for words so I just listened..  weened myself off Losartan and went back to normal..  Please realize these drigs ALL have side effects that sometimes aren't listed..  It's not you it's the drug....

• Posted

Thank you, Ann. Did you have your PCP change your BP med?   
    • Posted

If you mean the Losartan, then no I took myself off of it and changed my physician.. the new PCP seems fine with me being off this horrible drug...Do not stop it without consulting your PCP.. I had an additional PCP tell me to just sotp taking it and I wound up in the emergency room the next day. when I took that physician's assistant advice... It appears a large part of the problem is not the drug but the bad advice...

• Posted

Yes, it was very gradual and got worse and worse me. The more memory I lost the less I was able to recognise what was happening, until one day I was in a taxi and I was struggling to remember why i was there. I suddenly had a revelation that is was the losartan that was causing it and stopped immediately. Within three days most of the memory issues had disappeared. However, we are a little over two years on from that and my memory is still not what it was. 
    • Posted

Thank you.  Are you on any other blood pressure meds?  I've changed from Amlodipine to Lisinopril to Losartan. I'm going to make an appointment with my PCP.  I do not like this drug affecting my memory. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.