Has anyone experienced slight bladder weakness with sciatica?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had my sciatica for 2 weeks now which started in my lower back then down my legs as a constant dull aching/ throbbing tingling type ache, I now get it in my buttocks and groin area occasionally, in bed last night I felt my legs tingling and my feet! Has anyone had slight bladder problems with sciatica? Sort of feeling like you are going to wee yourself if you don't go straightaway?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Donna

If you get cauda equina syndrome that's is very 

Serious Google it 

You need to get to a Gp

Lose of bladder is very serious 

I get tingle in my feet, groin and tail bone 

Have you been to see a Gp ? 

• Posted

Hi, 

The tingling in your legs and feet is normal but not the bladder weakness, as far as I know. 

If you haven't already seen a doctor, I think you should as I was told when I had my sciatica that if I had any numbness in the groin area to go back to the doctor asap. I know what you are experiencing is slightly different and I don't mean to alarm you but I would definitely get yourself checked...you can never be too careful. 

Hopefully everything will be fine. 

Wendy 

• Posted

Yeah iv seen my GP but I will be going back this week again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.