Has anyone experienced this "Demon in your chest or fish out of water" feeling ?Appreciate it!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone relate to this or am I the only one who feels there's a demon inside of me from time to time 😃))

So I think I might have paroxysmal Afib(very benign, happens 1 to 2 /year) and it is triggered by salt, coffee, stress, medications(halls cough drops) which I eat like candy or was, MSG in Asian foods)

So on Saturday, I was out with my friend

It was a cheat day apparently for me. I don't really cheat as I'm on a whole foods diet but I went off.

Caffeine rich, syrup rich chai

Greasy Pizza

Then tacos

Then Asian food with soya sauce, lots of salt

Then 2 packs of halls

and Sugarfree gum with aspartame

Then I went to bed 1hour after eating and my heart just went off rhythm like it felt erratic, then skipped beats, then extra, then just flutter and then I got up, coughed hard and I was back in normal rhythm. It lasted about 5 seconds.

Funny thing I've had this happen 2 before, only at night and when I'm at rest and in my head. Never when I workout or during the day.

Once again my blood testsindicate my lipid panel is normal, my BP is normal and no history of heart disease in my family and in my parents who are still alive at 75.

I think it could have been all of that stuff I consumed as they acted as triggers. Not to mention I was exhausted and anxious. I do suffer from anxiety attacks here and there.

has anyone experienced the feeling like this where you heart feels like it's all over the place for a few seconds and irregular and then you just breathe or cough and you're back in normal rhythm? I didn't have any other symptoms like chest pain, dizziness, tiredness and I workout like a savage and have amazing conditioning.

Your take on this would help so any advice or anyone who experiences this or has in the past or am I the one who feels there's a demon in my chest from time to time? lol

I don't necessarily want to go to a Dr at this time, as they will give me a monitor and it's not going to catch anything. I'll have to have it on for 1 year. Once again it's a very paroxysmal case and I honestly don't think there's anything chronic . It can also be due to indigestion, the vagus nerve being irritated by all of those stimulants/irritants or going to bed too soon after eating.

Written by

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I had never heard of this cough sweet business before so checked it out

It seems that taken to excess they can certainly cause difficulties.

If you normally eat well, then after you ate a load of things guaranteed to cause problems, topped it off with 2 packets of halls then went to bed 2 hours earlier than you should after a heavy meal it is not surprising you had problems.

I am not a doctor so can't advise if that was all a one off, but is there some reason you eat so many halls sweets? Do you have respiratory problems or a long standing cough?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.