Has anyone experienced this? Was itw Afib or just an arrhythmia caused by stress response?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was stressed yesterday

over worked, plus

had some sugar, salty snacks(I don't usually dabble in things like that) but yesterday I did

A mars bar

Sushi but I dipped the sushi heavy in Soy Sauce with lots of MSG, Salt

Had a coffee

and I was sitting down at my desk and all of a sudden

My heart started to go haywire like erratic, irregular, fast beat and then I got up and went to the bathroom and it was back to normal.

It felt like longer than that but it was probably a 10 secon Afib thing so not bad.

The last time I had such a thing was 1 year ago so they are infrequent

Same thing I noticed last time I had this, I had eatn a greasy burger, with salty fries, coffee and was extremely stressed.

I might have Afib but I think more so I had a heart rhythm irregularity on this occassion due to all of those negative stimulants.

I wasn't experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath or even dizziness

Any idea what this could have been and if the factors I listed might have caused it? I think I know but just checking to see for reference

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.