Has anyone experienced this with bv?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone bv caused them to get cervicitis? My gynecologist told me I have two infections. I tested negative for chlamydia and gonnorhea. Even thoe I have many white blood cells. I was wondering if anyone else had experience this during bv?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The bacteria level is too high and has inflamed the cervix. Yes, it is common, I would say it’s probaly been aggravated for a while and that led to the cervicitis. It could also lead to pelvic inflammatory disease
    • Posted

thanks I was just wondering because I heard acute cervicitis is mainly caused by stds but I tested negative for it so most likely the bv caused it . I did a pap once and my gynecologist said she seen some weird discharge I didn't bother checking or testing for a vagina infection and I ignored it which probably was why the cervicitis had appeared later on since I didn't treat the bv on time 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.