Has anyone felt they’ve done it all and still have trouble with VA

Posted , 8 users are following.

tried mona lisa 4 times, doing everything possible, go to doctor twice a month, love my doctor, trust him completely but still have some VA discomfort. Any one else have any suggestions. Even had an uti after 10 months of not having one e coli. now taking d manoose. any suggestions anyone. i feel my doctor is trying everything possible and like i said trust him. maybe we are missing something.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

maybe we don't know enough about vaginal atrophy i don't think the doctors know

too much about it either they can't seem to cure it

• Posted

Hi Fern,

I had 3 sciton laser treatments this year. After the 3rd treatment I have had a chronic episode of AV that has lasted close to 3 months. Although there are no studies as of today that looks at the effectiveness of estrogen therapy post laser, my doctor believes the laser thickened the tissue and therefore this lengthens the time for the estrogen to work now. I am starting to feel better after 4 weeks of Estrace 3X per week. Hang in there. I know this is frustrating. I do think the only effective treatment for post menopausal AV is estrogen therapy.

• Posted

Hey Fern I use olive oil 3 x a day, restore vaginal moisturizer 2x a week and luvena vaginal lube before being intimate so far it helps. I also start natural hormone replacement pellets on Nov 1st.

• Posted

can u tell me about the pellets please how bad is your atrophy do u have pain? Thank you. have u had any utis

• Posted

HI Fern

If you happen to be in Canada, the pellets are not available here.

• Posted

hi Fern so the way it works is they draw blood to test your estrogen and testosterone levels that determines the dosage they give you in the pellets which are placed under the skin in the hip and are time released they last for about 3 to 4 months. everyone I've talked to says it's done miracles for them from sex drive, mood swings and vaginal lubrication. I get my insert Nov 1st and they say it usually takes about a month to see full results but at this point I'm ready to try any and everything. my atrophy is bad to the point where sex leaves me when the feeling of internal paper cuts if you know what I mean

• Posted

thanks for the info i dont evev have sex but have discomfort go to doc wed had hysy aug 2017 which started this nightmare so most likely would not need prog. thanks again

• Posted

Hi Tori,

Are the pellets from a medical doctor or a naturopath? i live in Canada but am very close to the US border. I have considered crossing over for this treatment as we cannot get it here.

• Posted

HI Julie and all ladies,

I received the pellets six weeks ago and it has helped with my VA. The pellets were estrogen and testosterone, injected into my hip. i also take a progestrone pill every night. I see a MD for this. I had my blood drawn again and am calling DR tomorrow to get the results of my hormone levels. My next pellet injection eill be in early JAN

Patricia

• Posted

Julie,

I would consider crossing the border. i feel like ive regained some quality of life back

patricia

• Posted

Hi Fern!

I use the Estrace Cream too.. I have not tried the laser treatments because I just cant afford it. But my doc explained it to me that the cream helps to repair the thinning tissues, but you also need to do kegel exercises regularly, to strengthen the muscles. It all works hand in hand. I haven't had a UTI in over a year now, she told me our bladders are also dependent on estrogen. I use 1/2 gram twice a week but use a pea size amount on the vulva and concentrate around the urethra. I still have some discomfort occasionally but nothing like it was. From everything I've read and discussed with my doc and others the best thing for AV is the topical localized estrogens. All the over the counter moisturizers are a band aid and help but don't have the ability to actually "heal" the tissues.

Best of Luck in whatever you decide to try!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.