Has anyone felt this? It's really scaring me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Around 3 weeks ago, I started getting a strange wave sensation through my brain for a couple of days. I was having heart palpitations too and a feeling that I needed to tighten my whole body very quickly and couldn't keep my legs still, I had headaches and blurred vision on and off. I get a lot of weird sensations, but this was the strangest.

My Doctor said it's anxiety (5th Doctor to say so) but they never let me fully explain what is going on. They sort of smirk at me and say it's all normal. I went into hospital a while ago for an ECG and I've had blood tests etc and everything was fine. This shock sensation is back. It's hard to describe, but it's NOT like an electrical feeling and it's not painful, but it puts me on edge. It went away last time after I had a relaxing weekend, but nothing stressful has happend recently so I can't put my finger on why it has returned.

Both times I've had it, I couldn't sleep. I was stuck between half awake and asleep, with heart palps and very vivid dreams while my eyes darted around. It was worse when I was on my back and I just felt that my heart was so weak. I kept moaning in my "sleep" and I was 100% certain I was about to die. Even thinking about how it felt scares me and I'm too scared to sleep tonight.

Does any of this sound like anxiety? I just can't accept that it's making me feel this way and it's so hard to get an appointment with a Doctor.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

(I haven't had any sort of scans)
  • Posted

Hi there,

Certainly is anxiety,what triggered it in the first place?

Once you get into the symptoms you describe then it will be hard to shake away without the treatment you need in whatever shape or form.

I can tell you at the onset of my anxiety many moons ago I thought I'd had a stroke,that same electrical shock feeling,all down my left side of the body,tingling and I remember this lasting weeks,day and night,the quacks said it was stress/tension/anxiety but nothing took it away,and it was so disconcerting and paralysing really.Funny enough it went as soon as it came,but left me with anxiety which is still the case 40 years on.

Never had it like that since,although two really bad panic attacks had me on the canvas,just a case of biding your time,trying to relax/eat/sleep normally ha! Ha!

First thing you should do though is get to your physician and ask for help,let the professionals take over,for better or for worse.!

In the meantime try to keep it in check,I wish you well.

Malc

• Posted

Ive had a few similar sensations in my head/ brain in fact it is so weird I can't really explain the feeling. Like everything was closing down, no like pins and needles very hard to explain how it is but I got a weird feeling in mouth as we'll. I had scan on head couldn't find nothing. My pain is now my tongue and front of neck constantly I'm putting it down lack vitamin d and being tense! Ideally want to get it checked out but fed up goin to gp she must be sick of seein me. Jadeinda I know what you mean 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.