Has anyone gone for herbal treatment of gastritis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Taking ppis regularly for years still no cure.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well....tried some... didnt work...

Currently on green tea..turmeric tabs.. mastic gum for night...dandelion drops during day.... no improvement but stable.... aka feel still not well...

• Posted

Ok more info please.  Your taking, have been taking PPIs (which ones, how long and what dose) for years and you still have gastritis? All the time, comes and goes etc. Any other tum problems??  
    • Posted

I m taking Esemoprazole 40 mg with levosulpride twice a day for years. Ya still hv gastritis. Syptomes der
    • Posted

No other tum problems
    • Posted

I m taking Esemoprazole 40 mg with levosulpride twice a day for years. Ya still hv gastritis. Syptomes der
  • Posted

OMG, what a dose!!!!!!  Maybe its time to move to a different PPI??? Have you tried any other recently??  Have you been tested for HP or had an endoscopy?? 
    • Posted

I hv been tested for hp. It comes negative. I also tried to lower the doses but symptoms gradually increases. I hv been to different docs they are not listening properly. What should i do? Plz help me out! I messaged you privately. I hv given my mail id to u n also my Facebook id. Please contact me der.

Thank you!

• Posted

This one goes with my other response above.  I know this may sound daft but have you tried to slowly reduce the dose. We all know that the side effects of PPIs can mimic the actual symptoms.  Is your extremely high dose the problem or a contributing factor??  I would be extremely worried taking that dose day in day out. I would (but that's me, you must make your own mind up) go to the doctors and ask to see if they'll put you on Pantoprazole 40mg once/per day and if that works mix and match 40-20 mg/day. What have you to loose??  You can soon go back on the high dose.   

• Posted

I think you hv disabled your pvt msg.
  • Posted

No its there but every time I open a new message on this thread my anti virus disinfects it.  Has such I wont be making any further comment on this thread, sorry. Its never happen before and not on any other thread on this forum. Only this one page.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.