Has anyone got anything good to say about CIT

Posted , 7 users are following.

it appears all the posts suggests it's the AD of choice for GP's but the stories suggest otherwise.

Any good news stories for it?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The only good thing I can say about citalopram is that it did stop the panic attacks and anxiety but that's about all. Nothing else about it was good for me. cry
  • Posted

It was great for me years ago Neil. In fact I'd say it pulled me out of the deepest hole I've ever been in.

You already know that they didn't work for me this time round but I still wouldn't knock them or put them down. Lots of people swear by them. I swore by them.

How have you been? Xx

• Posted

Hi Aspinan, I am on Citalopram and it helps with my anxiety. I had panic attacks before i was on them and have had no panic attacks since. So i find them very helpful after the initial side effects. Been on them for 5 months now.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Aspinan

After many years of depression and anxiety, different medications, I was finally put onto Citralopram and I got better and maintained that for 15 years.  I came off a year ago and felt well all that time too, but restarted 3 months ago due to stress of family illness and am already back up on top.

Get through the first couple of months of awful side effects and you should see a huge difference.  People give up too early because of how it makes you feel initially.

I don't know what I've have done without this medication.

So it's a yay! to Citralopram from me cheesygrin

• Posted

They are amazing for me. A life saver in fact. Without them i am a complete emotional wreck. The side effects at first are a nightmare but these dont last...xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.