Has anyone had 5 Mona Lisa treatments for dryness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have had 4 Mona Lisa laser treatments.   Has helped a lot.  Stopped using Premarin and have been using Revaree hyralauronic acid suppositories for a month.  Got my first uti in 10 months.  Still dry though.  Not having intercourse.  Any one experience something like this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have to have Mona Lisa every 10 to 12 months.   Touch ups as things  deteriorate 

First thing that happens is I get a UTI and then I know

So far this year it’s been nine months.  Seems to be a lot less  posts on atrophy  since the Mona Lisa has been out it works for me 

• Posted

I just had my first treatment March 22 and the other 3 all 6 weeks apart.  Now I have uti and the dryness goes away but comes back. I am 75 percent better but not there yet. Contemplating a 5 treatment
  • Posted

Why did you stop using premarin altogether? I just completed 3 laser treatments but when I use the Yuvafem, it seems too much and burns now. So I stopped. 

Perhaps you need some sort of vaginal estrogen over time?

• Posted

I thought Mona Lisa did away with hormone use.  
    • Posted

Dr thought that it wasn’t working good enough.  He put me on hyaluronic acid suppositories.  I go see him Wed. Going to ask to go back on it or estrace or vagifem or something. Don’t want utis
    • Posted

i thought ML did also go away with hormone use and I thought utis also.  
    • Posted

Did the 3 treatments fix your problems.
    • Posted

No it doesnt you need hormones for the rest of your life if you have this

• Posted

The first 2 treatments went well and I was able to reduce the Yuvafem down to twice a week rather than 3 times a week. The third treatment I had a UTI and some inflammation. I am trying to get stabilized so not sure yet.
  • Posted

Hi Fern

I had 3 sessions last year approx 8 weeks Sept to Dect and was 90% symptom free until June when I got a UTI and VA symptoms back.  I went for a top up treatment in August and was quite blistered and sore until this week when things appear to have settled.  My consultant said some woman are unlucky and have to go every 6 months others may be a year or more.  At £700 a go I have resigned myself to saving £100 a month in case I have to go back early next year.  I do still take Vagifem and use Key E pessaries and coconut oil etc.  Intercourse is a once a week affair at best and I am glad when it is over as I do burn afterwards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.