Has anyone had a bad experience increasing Mirzatapine from 30 to 45 mg?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just increased my Mirtazapine from 30 mg to 45 mg. I know it's only the second day but I am having the most horrendous experience. Can anyone tell me if they felt bad going on to 45 mg and how long it takes to start feeling better.

Many thanks.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have gone up to 45 yesterday and feel back to square one today, really scared, don't want to go back to that dark place. Sorry I can't be any help
  • Posted

I've just posted on the depression board. I'm on 45mg as well as other meds. My anxiety and agitation with my depression seems to be getting worse! Hope you are feeling better.
    • Posted

Didn't have any luck with Mirts.  It was horrendous on the 45.  I am trying Venlafaxine again though it doesn't seem to be working after 3 weeks.  I took it for 10 years and it was great with no side effects.  It stopped working and have rtried various drugs since each to no avail.  I don't know what the next step is.

• Posted

Join the club I am sticking with it for a bit longer but don't hold out much hope!
  • Posted

Hi everybody,we all seem to be struggling on mitres, there must be somebody that it works for and can help us decide wether to stick with it or not
    • Posted

A lot of people say that mirtazapine gives you a big appetite. It's not helped me at all. I've lost a lot of weight with this episode of depression. When I get through this I will never moan about putting on weight again!

• Posted

Hi kat, I am the same, I do eat more but need to put some on. Would like to know your experience of being on this drug, everybody seems to be fifferent.
    • Posted

Hi judith, i'm not sure its working for me or against me. I was put on mirt as a change from venlafaxine but now I'm increasing my dosage of venlafaxine to see if it makes a difference. I just wish I could get my appetite back then I would feel stronger. I take olanzapine as well to help sleep and appetite. It's very frustrating to know if one medication is contradicting the other one. It does help me sleep but not the depression at the moment. It helps to know I'm not on my own and that other people know what I'm going through.

Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Hi kat, I can't stop eating on mirts, venaflaxine didn't work for and swapping was a nightmare. I felt good for a few days on 30 mirt but then my panics and depression crept back in, up to 45 now but feeling really bad. Don't want to mess with dose but it is really scaring me now and can't push myself to do things, just want to wake up and feel normal but that ha sent happened yet, just need my life back.

take care JudithJudith

• Posted

Hi judith. I would like to send a private message to you but not sure how to do it. We seem like we have things in common.
  • Posted

When i moved from 30mg to 45mg it put me in crisis. It was a great drug at 30 mg but anymore and its pretty bad. I have had this happen twice to me now. I have been put on venlafaxine. I am starting to worry about how good these tablets are as venaflaxine doesnt get a great write up either.

I hope you get luck y on this combination thou as we are all different

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.