Has anyone had a broken instep?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My instep was broken 6 weeks ago and I just had the cast removed 3 days ago. Strangely my instep doesn't hurt anymore it's my ankle and the bottom of my feet that hurt like hell since I removed the cast. I can barely put pressure on my foot without feeling excrutiating pain and of course my foot is still swollen andmy instep has a very dark colour. I'm starting to wonder if all of this is normal or if I should be worried. I just turned 34 last month. Anyone who's had a similar experience please share.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

When you broke your bone in your foot, all of the bones in your foot were affected, in other words, shock hit every bone in your body since they are all connected. Since your foot is the farthest from your heart, it will take the longest to heal, because blood flow takes longer to get there. When your foot was in the cast for six weeks, the muscles that were covered by the cast were not active, this is why this leg where the broken leg was is smaller than the other. This is why the leg is so flimsy. You need to perform therapy on it. Go on Youtube and look up exercise for broken ankle or broken instep. First, I encourage you to take Spring Valley Vitamins: Calcium, Magnesium, & Zinc plus Vitamin D3: Bone & Muscle Health You can purchase them at Walmart. I take three of them a day. Just because you are out of your cast does not mean your bone is healed all the way. This will take time Time is your best friend. My ankle was broken, and now my instep hurts. But as each day passes, the less it hurts. Something that really soothes it, is Epsom Salt. I boil my water, because the faucet hot water does not get hot enough. I stick my foot in the extra hot water all the way up almost to my ankle.. Not hot enough to make blisters, but hot enough so that I can barely put my foot in it. I also pour alcohol in the palm of my hand, and dash it on my whole foot. Hope this helps. Get well soon....
  • Posted

Not all the way up to my ankle, but almost up to my knee.............Sorry
    • Posted

I really hate pills. Do they have those vitamins in liquid form?
  • Posted

I don't know about the liquid form, but maybe you will have to love the pills until your foot gets to feeling better lol............
  • Posted

I just know that the pills helped more than anything. Eating green leafy vegetable. Beef too.
  • Posted

Praying helped the upmost to the most.............
    • Posted

Darn it. No liquid form. Oh man those pills are going to kill me. Lol. I know about green leafy vegetables. I actually started drinking green juices since I broke my foot. No beef for me tho. The only flesh i eat is fish

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.