Has anyone had a cardiac ablation and got heart pain and pounding heart

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m 20 years old and had and ablation 5 months ago feel better but always on and off pain and pounding heart wondering if it’s normal for recovery? 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Will19183

I had ablation in July 2017, I had pain and the odd flutter during the healing process. We are super aware of our hearts I guess so I would say if otherwise you are well and the consultant was happy at your follow up appointment you must try to relax a little. If you still have pain then slow down and rest. Make an appointment to see the cardiologists if you are very uncomfortable - they will be able to put your mind at ease. All the best mate. 

• Posted

Please make an appointment with a Cardiologist as soon as possible
  • Posted

Hi Will,

I have similar sensations though I am only a month from my ablation.

I am weaker, little pressure in the head, some skipped beats, some short fluttering and had a serious 2 hours flutter 2 weeks after the ablation which scared me.

Can't say I am OK right now but I do hope this is part of the process. I read somewhere that 3 months after ablation things can still be shaky. But 5 months seems like something that should be checked by the very guy that did your ablation.

We are aware of our bodies and hearts now though.  We went through an experience and it is perfectly normal to be sensitive about sensations that we might not even notice before.  Keep that in mind and smile when you find yourself too worried.

Wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.