has anyone had a false negative D&C

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had spotting and cramping for motn hs..I am 47 , had 3 kids, 2 living...no problems until last year...other than PMS or PMDD...started having lots of bleeing cramps and anxiety with periods. had U?S showed polyp..Had mirena put in...HAD extreme pain and still irregular bleeding for 5 months,,,so they did an hysteroscopy with D&C and removed mirena..  3 moinths ago , still  have extreme PMDD with small bleeding in middle of month after sex with intense cramping all month...NOt sure what to do..she said there was no polyp..where did it go? could she have missed it? she said not? idk this is going on 10 months with some problem...so HAs anyone had neg D&C but was still diagnosed with cancer..Could the mirena have deccreased tissue so it wouldnt show ??/ at a loss, any thoughts

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you're going through this.  The polyp could have been removed during the D&C.  Did the doctor provide you with a copy of the pathology report? I would suggest that you get yourself off to another gynecologist who will work with you to resolve this situation and find out what's going on with you.

Best of luck to you, and please let me know how you get on. xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.