Has anyone had a rash from Infliximab?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, 

I'm new here and looking for some advice. I had my last Infliximab on 27 December, my flare appeared to be receding but I had it anyway, since then I have developed large patches of what looks like eczema on my arms and hands and now it's on my feet. My doctor gave me a corticosteroid which I have been using sparingly, I'm not keen on steriods of any type, but it's getting worse. Am I stuck with this from now on?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindacoy,

No rash for me from Infliximab....

Just anaphylactic shock!

I was changed to self injecting Humira every fortnight. 

Had no side effects from that but neither medication worked for me.

May be worth asking if you can change your Meds too?

• Posted

Hi Lindacoy,

No rash for me from Infliximab....

Just anaphylactic shock!

I was changed to self injecting Humira every fortnight. 

Had no side effects from that but neither medication worked for me.

May be worth asking if you can change your Meds too?

• Posted

No rash just unable to breathe & a very swollen tongue! The latter happened 12 days after infusion ... If it’s troublesome talk to your doc about changing but if it’s working & the eczema can be controlled with creams then me personally would suck it up as better than Crohns flaring 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.