Has anyone had a transanal anterior rectocele repair?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had posterior rectocele repair with rectal plication last February which failed after a few months. I have now just had a transanal anterior rectocele repair. Just wondered what recovery time was. Also i seem to have a dragging feeling in my vcagina which only seems to have started today. I'm taking Lactulose & Movicol to keep stools soft as they said i'm heavily stitched inside rectum. Just wondering if anyone had this same procedure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Rhona. I've just read your post but could I clarify, did you have an anterior (cystocele)  and posterior (rectocele) repair? Regarding recovery time it's the same a prolapse repair performed other ways. There's some excellent advice on the Genitourinary home page under Useful Resources. Read the South Tees information. The dragging feel is perfectly normal but you must rest. The repair performed by this method is very successful.

• Posted

Hi it's the hospital discharge letter which states anterior rectocele repair. I was a bit puzzled by this. They really didn't give me lots of information.

• Posted

I wanted to say Thank you for taking the time to give advise. I am new to this site. 13 weeks, and you had been very helpful in the beginning. I had missed you being on this site. . I had this same surgery. All is well. Still being careful, but doing more normal routine.
    • Posted

Hello Rhona. Things never change do they? Patients still not getting much information when they are ready for discharge. It's not as if they have to do any work producing anything because it's all available from different Health Trusts for them to use.

• Posted

Hello grace. It's lovely to hear all is well. Keep taking things relatively easy though x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.