Has anyone had amniotic injection for plantar fasciitis treatment?

Posted , 28 users are following.

My boyfriend has planter fasciiis in his right foot. He just had a amniotic injection a few days ago. Has anyone done this and did it help?

2 likes, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, about 2-3 years ago performed at the VA hospital.  Has two injections and that was it.  

Want more info; l call me at (210) 602-4829.

Hope this helps....

• Posted

Yes, about 2-3 years ago.  It took 2 injections to finally heal it.  Happy...smile

This was performed at the VA hospital in Dallas.  

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi there -

I just wanted to chime in with my experience.  I had an amnio injection into my right foot about 6 ish years ago for severe PF.  I was part of a study at my dr office when they were just starting to learn about its benefits.  I was in severe pain and desperate.  It was VERY VERY painful.  The dr warned me that it would feel like I had surgery on it and after the nerve block wore off, I was in pretty bad pain.  It took about 6 weeks for the excruciating pain to subside.  I started feeling a difference around 3-6 months and 6 years later my right foot is still completely pain free.  My left foot is now suffering from the same condition so I am looking into having the procedure done in about a month.  Cost is around 500-600.00 and insurance doesnt usually cover it (mine doesnt).  Looking back, even though it was horribly painful, it was totally worth it which is why I am looking into doing it again on my other foot.  

Advice for people getting it done - stay ahead of the pain - take your medication, take a few days off work - even though it is a non invasive injection, trust me it hurts and lastly WEAR YOUR BOOT.  

Good luck

• Posted

I got over PF in 4 months just using cushioning of my heal.  Not sure your injection helped.  Any scientific evidence of it working?  Have you searched Google?
    • Posted

Hi! I'm just curious how long you wore a boot. I just had the injection 17 days ago and was told to wear my boot for 1 week but chose to wear for 2 weeks after things I had been reading. I am in more pain today than I have been in a long time. Did you continue to ice and stretch? How much did you truly rest or did you go on with daily routines? My doctor told me not to take an anti inflammatory right after the injection. He prescribed another pain medicine but I was wondering if it's ok to take an anti inflammatory now.

• Posted

I did not wear a boot. Only was on pain for 3 days. Took second shot 6 months later.

That was about 5 years ago. All ok.

Pete. #210-602-4829

• Posted

After 2 yrs and acupuncture,chiropractor,family doc referred me to Ortho Surgeon who gave me a shot in the heel (Decadron/Kenalog).Not sure if the same but 2-3 days pain completely gone.Good luck.
  • Posted

Had injections in both heels in November 2014 and Plantar Fasciitis us completely gone.

• Posted

i get my clearx flo shot thurday hope it works i cant take the pain any more .

• Posted

had the injection 2 weeks ago thursday foot hurts but now in the instep still some pain on the heel. hurts worse then before the shot might have to get a second after the six week mark. does it get better after the second shot or should i just plan on surgery.

• Posted

You mean there's more then 1 shot to be given? Ugh! I just had my first one today in my left foot. Hurt like a SOB! I've had 7 cortisone shots in my time in my hands and elbows and won't have any more of those. It hurt as much as the cortisone shots. I was told it wouldn't. I'm afraid to walk on that foot cause I don't want to screw up the shot. Don't know if that's possible. Been searching on line but can't find the answer. Do you know? 😃

• Posted

How is he doing from the shot? I just had the amniotic injection in my left foot today. Seems I have what's is known as Dupuytren's contracture but in my foot. I have DC in both hands and now my left foot.

• Posted

I had AmnioFix for plantar fascitis in 2018. It has cured my foot. Today I had it injected into my left foot. I'm planning for it to heal my left same as the right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.