Has anyone had an EMG

Posted , 4 users are following.

Tomorrow I am having an EMG and was just wondering if anyone has had one? Is there anything that I can expect? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I just had two of these done, an upper and lower. I was insanely nervous about them for some reason, but truly, they are not bad. The first part is minor shocks. They are really just kind of odd feeling, but even the most powerful one seemed like nothing to me. 

The second part is the needle part. Of course there is the little sting that comes along with any needle but its really not bad and goes very fast. They find a muscle and and mark it, stick a needle in and have you flex that muscle. I have sensitive skin the bruises easily so I got a couple of bruises. Just little ones. Some areas are sensitive, and its not fun, but honestly I’m a wimp and I did just fine. You will do great :-)

• Posted

Yes i have, it is what carrie said.. a few minor shocks and a few pricks but nothing to worry about
  • Posted

Not really too bad. Had half the shocking done had do did again. Wasn't recording I guess. The needle part in my ankles wasn't pleasant. Overall not as bad as I thought. Muscles are fine I was told. Just the periferal neuropathy going on. Seems no one can tell me why. Dr after Dr getting old. Now to see a blood doctor for something abnormal they found.

• Posted

i got my uropathy from a side effect due to harvoni for hep c, if i would have known there would be one i would have never been talked into it by the doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.