Has anyone had any side effects when taking carbocisteine or mucadyne?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi , ive been told to take 6 aday of carbosysteine and since then ive been extremely breathless ,even when ive cut them down to 4 or2 a day , i was told there ARE NO side effects with them ,,, any comments appreciated ,

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Researching for you I have found these common and less common side effects across most sites

Drugs A to Z

Carbocysteine

Print Share

The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.

Carbocysteine Side EffectsConsumer

Managing Side Effects

Applies to carbocysteine: chewable tablets

Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur while taking carbocysteine: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); blood in the stools; irregular heartbeat; symptoms of low blood sugar (eg, dizziness, drowsiness, fainting, weakness, increased hunger, increased sweating, headache, chills, tremors); vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds.

• Posted

hi , thankyou so much for your reply i really appreciate it , ive got an appointment with my GP on monday , and ive screenshot the possible side effects ,,,ive avoided showing your details ,

• Posted

Hi Nanny1086,

If you think it's the tablets which are causing you some problems, then it would be best to speak to your own local doctor or pharmacist or nurse, and get their informed advice which would be more personalized to your condition. That way, the correct information or advice could be given to you. I can't possibly do that to help.

However, from my point of view, the meds have proved to be very beneficial to me, although they did take a little while to adjust to me, (or for me to adjust to them)!! As we are all so very different from each other, there has to be some degree of variation in the way our medicines work too. Considering all other medicines that each of us takes, there are bound to be some people who feel differently while taking certain tablets, to the effects they might have on somebody else. Having rambled on, I mainly just intended the first part of this message, so hope you got the gist somewhere along this lengthy path. I don't think you should just ignore it, and hope for the best, it would be advisable to speak to your own medics. Good Luck, and I hope something will help you with the problem soon.

• Posted

hi GEORGIO , thanks for replying i appreciate everyones comments , ive just made an appointment to see my gp on monday and ill discuss carbosisteine and my other medications .

• Posted

hi there,

I was put on these tabs in hospital just under 3 years ago - had no side effects at all -6 a day to start with & when chest was clearer 4 a day - if i feel my chest is clogged & harder to move i up it to 6 a day for a couple of weeks - have a word with doc,doesn,t sound like these tabs are the problem - good luck

• Posted

Hi Sally thanks for replying , aswell as the carbosisteine ive been given another BP tablet to take so it could be that causing the problems ,ive just made an appointment to see my GP on monday , i was just trying to avoid another doctors appointment ,

• Posted

Just little over 3 years ago I was introduced to Herbal HealthPoint and their successful COPD Herbal treatment, i immediately started on the treatment for my 6 years long Emphysema condition. The herbal treatment is incredible, my severe shortness of breath and chest tightness disappeared within the first 2 months on the treatment. Go to HealthPoint official web page w w w. herbalhealthpoint .c o m. This COPD treatment improved the quality of my life and i am Emphysema free!

• Posted

ive been taking carbosystine for a very long time they will do you good in the long term ,helping to relieve congestion .mucous becoming less sticky and removed easier from lungs and sinus

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.