Has anyone had Bursitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an operation on my Knee 6th April 2015 to drain the puss. My Knee wound has still not healed.

Is this usual.

I also have Arthritis in the same knee and waiting a Knee replacement which can't be done whilst I have Bursitis.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I see this was posted over a year ago, but I haveTrochanteric Bursitis, 

told there is no cure, it might go away and comeback, all 'he' said was pain killers, great help, they make you constipated,

any one else had this and found anything that helps, ???

• Posted

Hello, I'm sorry for your pain, I'm afraid yours is different to what I had, mine was in the knee joint and had become badly infected, mine happened almost overnight. I understand yours is in or around the hip area but not actually in the joint which in a way is a relief? Otherwise you may need a hip replacement eventually. I am sorry other than pain management with medication there may not be Ant easy way out. I hope it clears and doesn't return. Good luck.

• Posted

I had bursitis years ago and probably by then what was considered and treated as an isolated symptom was already a manifestation of this Artheritis /GCA

I have there are 4 years.

My Rheumy does quick tapering and this kind of schedule does not work with my system

We are all different so we need to follow our nature .

We know how much Pred is bad for our bones and our heart, however we must get the lower levels of it in a sensible way.

I am alternating 23 and a1/2 ond 24.fir more a week. My next tapering will be next month.

So far I am feeling well.

My Temporal Artheritis is not associated with P so I am pain free. Anti inflammatory diet an daily exercises keep me going + supplements + vitamins.

Take good care of you.

iellen🌼

• Posted

Yes I had bursitis years ago because my husband used to set the thermostat too low so it was too cold indoors.

With one shot given by my GP the problem was solved and our thermostat was set reasonably from that time on.

Take care

iellen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.