Has anyone had experience of setting up or going to a ME/CFS support group?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Not much support in my area, so thinking of trying to get a group off the ground somehow...any ideas on where to start, what's involved and the kind of things people would want or expect from a group? question k

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I joined a group when I was first diagnosed 22 years ago. I only went once as the people in the group just moaned about their condition. I think it would have been better if they had speakers or some sort of construction. It is O.K. to maybe discuss your conditiion for a bit but not for 2 hours.

I felt very deflated when I came away, so never went back.

Alison

• Posted

I think the easiest thing to do would be to create a Facebook group for events, etc., if you plan to organize some. In any case, you'll probably need to create a web page. People would be interested in meeting each other, discussing treatments, diet, sharing information on good doctors, etc. And a lot of people would of course be wondering whether they have CFS or not.
  • Posted

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I'm at the fact finding stage so everything helps! Think I might keep it really informal to start, or I'll find myself too stressed which will only make matters worse! cheesygrin JK

• Posted

lol All the best . I hope it goes well.

Regards Alison

• Posted

Sorry I was so negative with my first reply. It must just have been the group I went to. I would not have the energy to go to one now.

Regards Alison

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.