Has anyone had ovarian vein embolisation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have pelvic congestion syndrome (various veins on the pelvis).

I'm having ovarian vein embolisation at the end of the month and a bit nervous of the procedure. They are going through the groin. I'm not having sedation just a bit of local where they are going in through my groin. Just wondered what you expect.

No horror stories please. I'd rather not know 🙈.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you had your procedure yet?  Don't worry, it's not that bad.  I had two procedures in the last 6 weeks.  I have had pelvic pain and vulva and back of thigh vericose veins.  They put a stent in my illiac vein and just yesterday I had gonadal vein embolization. They used coils and foam.  The worse part is the numbing shot and pressure at the site where they put the catheter in, but it's not bad.  About like a IV insertion, although the pressure when they are changing catheters is annoying.  Also, when they inject the foam, I felt discomfort, but they gave me more sedation and that helped.  Not a huge deal overall.  Afterward for about a week, expect pain at site (neck in my case) and cramping.

Jury is still out on whether or not this will help my leg pain.  I am assuming the pelvic issues will get better, although it's the leg that is the worse thing now.

• Posted

Hi

I have my procedure in the morning. I'm dreading it to be honest. I wish I was having sedation. I'm not being offered any!! I will just have to be brave. I really want this to work. The misery I have when I get my monthly and praying it will improve the appearance of veins in my legs and bum.

I just want it over with really. Not looking forward to the 4 hour laying flat after the procedure. I will be just wanting to go home. Going to be mega boring. I hate hospitals too!! Arhhhhh I think I'm first on the list so maybe this time tomorrow I will be getting it done.

I didn't get a consultation so I called and had a quick chat with the surgeon so I don't feel well enough informed really. I just hope they can give me a shot of madazolam or something otherwise I will be shaking off the trolly lol.

Wish me luck. 😊

• Posted

Hi GIllian

I'm sure if you tell them how you feel then they will sedate you. It is in no ones interests for you to be freaking out on the table.

I was given some sedation and then they let me go after a couple of hours. I didn't need to wait the 4 hours.

• Posted

Hi

Well I'm not so sure they'll offer sedation. I doubt there will be an anethatist available 🙁. I love sedation. You just go to sleep and wake up and it's all done! I'm so scared. I'm such a big scardey cat. I don't think they'll even off any madazolam or anything to calm me down. You never know . I can only hope.

They say I'd be laid up for 4 hours but I'm hoping they'll let me go early. I really do. I will be mega bored especially if no Internet for me to go on my phone!! Arhhh.

I'm having coils put in but no foam as far as I'm aware.

I hope the day after I can take it easy but then I want to be back to the usual decorating and running around after the 3 kids. I'm too busy to be resting. I have so much to do.

Bet you're glad yours is all over with.

• Posted

Dear Gillian, I know this is an old thread but I just had my embolisation of both ovarian veins done 2 days ago and after they released me from the hospital I got bad tingling and cramping sensation in both my legs which isn't going away. Did you have anything similar after your procedure? Also how long did it take you to get better and how are you now one year after the procedure? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.