has anyone had polyps removed from their womb, I would be very interested

Posted , 2 users are following.

as the original diagnosis was hip bursitis which was painful for 3months taking Naproxene and Co codomol to help with the pain and physiotherapy was extremely painful.  At the same time I had a post menaposal bleed for which I had a hysteroscopy when they removed a large polyps.  Since this operation the pain in the hip and groin has disappeared.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your letter makes the point that "trochanteric bursitis" is currently fashionable term which is widely (and often incorrectly) applied to a variety of conditions. It is often used without being justified by subtleties of the complaints. This diagnosis requires a competent and experienced clinician with sufficient time.

Uterine pathology is a well recognised cause of "lower back pain" in its varied forms. Included in these are cervical and ovarian malignancies as well as intra-uterine devices.

• Posted

thank you for your reply which is very interesting, you would have thought that both my doctors between them on viewing the x-ray and the following urine infections and hysteroscopy for the removal of the polyps, would have deducted that their original diagnosis of "hip bursitis" was very doubtful.  I have yet to meet with them to listen to their final conclusion of my state of health.   thanks for your input you seem to have medical knowledge and insite into my condition.  Are you a doctor?  anyway I thank you for your views on my condition.
    • Posted

Thank you JP for your comments, here in Uk waiting lists  vary from place to place.  When I lived in Cornwall I went on the list and immediately was taken in for the hip op in 2007, I had a good recovery, despite dislocating twice in 2008 but it did not stop me going to Tanzania for 3months to visit my cousin Dr Mary Borda, who was running a hospital with the MMM (Medical Missionaries of Mary) and i dislocated again trying to cut my toe nails by lifting the operated leg twisted in position to cut, very stupid of me and I had to be flown to Dr Borda's hospital but recovered well enough to help my cousin with statistics for the end of year in a sedentary post.

Since, then I dislocated trying to pick something up from a standing position; also standing on uneven ground bending slightly at an angle to turn on a radio, then trying to put on my boots with that same action of bending toes inwards (a no no) and pulling the boot on, I think all the times involved putting socks or boots on and needless to say, I now do not wear socks and only wear footwear which I can slip on.  I met a nun in Tanzania who said she dislocated, before she got out of hospital after her THR and it has made her so wary of how she bends etc that she wished she had kept her old hip with the pain, rather than stepping on eggshells in her busy life out in Africa.

I have just come out of hospital after a hysterectomy and I guess all the anaesthtics and medication has nummed the hip pain and seem to be walking without pain, so I shall have to wait until all the meds have worn off and see how my hip pain is then.   Do you know , Does exercising the arthiritic bones irritate and cause more inflammation, because since the hysterectomy and all the bed rest, I feel no pain?  Thanks for your comments.

• Posted

Since my last post about hip bursitis, I have had a hysteroscopy to remove a large polyps to be followed by a hysterectomy in March.

since September 2015, I have been suffering enormous pain from the hip bursitis for which I take naproxine twice per day and co-codomol four times per day. I am not very happy with my doctors as they do not give me any prognosis as to whether this is it, am I to expect to b on pain killers for the rest of my life.

it looks like I am replying to myself here, but I did not know how to join this forum again since it has been months since I joined under the heading HIP BURSITIS, then it got complicated because of the HYSTEROSCOPY.  I now await my HYSTERECTOMY  IN MARCH AND THEN HOPefully I can get a proper prognosis for the original complaint of HIP BURSITIS.  What questions should I b asking my doctors regarding this ongoing pain in my hip and GROIN.? Any comments about HIP BURSITIS would b very welcom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.