Has anyone had problems of feeling like you have to poop all the time from a Spinal cord stimulator

Posted , 4 users are following.

since my implant I always have the feeling of being bloated and having to poop then I try to go and nothing happens. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this sensation. It is very uncomfortable and my stomach hurts. Could the stimulator be stimulating the nerves to the colon making me feel this way.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't have a stimulator fitted , but I've had 2 surgeries on my back, the last 9 wks ago . Spinal fusion and Even b4 the op. I understand the nerves in my back affect my bowls and bladder.

• Posted

I have actually had problems of losing control of my bowels. But that stated after one of my botched back surgeries. Unfortunately, since I've been having problems with my scs I've started to have that same problem again.

I've had nothing but problems since I've had this.

Mine is the new St. Jude's scs with the 5yr battery that is controlled with an iPod. It's supposed to be MRI compatible.

• Posted

I have had stomach e tension and bowell problems for over a year and just did the trial for 2 days. Started day with nausea while on table. Then gastric problems . Pain manage denied it was due to implant. Also have had leg weakness sin've that day. No other doctor wants to go there either. Have had all kinds of other test per PM docs like gastro, test series for heart, (pain in scapula and chest like pulled pulled muscles causing breathing trouble??)), brain scan, mri without contrast,(only small pracentral protrusion at C3-4), all kinds of blood work. I am about broke and still no resolve. I was doing okay at 61 except for arm pain, severe at times but did trial to stop narcotics which I though we're bad for my health!!! Wish I could do that day over Again...How do we get beyond this with no help as when they do surgery you are no longer wanted there or can find answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.