Has anyone had problems with vision after cataract surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do the lens fitted to eyes become hardened after cataract surgery

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi - not sure what your question is perhaps clarify.  After cataract surgery the natural lens capsule kind off acts like shrink wrap around the new IOL and holds it in place indefinitely- you shouldn't have visual issues unless something else is going on with your eye (eye disease or astigmatism which cataract surgery can cause) That 'shrinking process' can take several months.

Which is why if you are considering a lens exchange surgeons look at that within 6 months of initial cataract surgery.

If your question has to do with other visual issues you'll need to be more specific.

• Posted

Hi, My surgery was done in 2015 & my vision has been very good until recent months when things appear blurred but I can still read a book or use a computer but not for too long.  Optician said it was opacity due to hardening of the lens & recommends laser treatment.

• Posted

Thanks.  Sounds like a laser treatment will like clear that up.  Too bad it takes so long to get an appointment.  Must be frustrating.
  • Posted

Hi

I had cataract surgery, 2 months apart. After 3 months i developed PCO

in the eye I had done first. Then had lazer done to break up the PCO

from there after 2 weeks I ended up with retinal detachment & retinal surgery.

Now that eye is blurry, things look wavy & glasses don't help. Now I 'm noticing

a bit of blurred vision in the other eye that shouldn't happen unless it developed PCO

That means lazer procedure. Just hope I don't end up with detached retina again.

I hope things work out for you. Follow instructions to the T and give it time.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Helen, for your reply.  My cataracts were done in 2015 & have been fine until about two months ago when I found it difficult to read a newspaper, I thought it was the print until my recent yearly check-up with my optician.  He has sent a letter to my doctor who should then send me back to the hospital.  This will take time as nothing moves fast for eye treatment any ore.  My vision is blurry during the day also & sunlight hurts my eyes & I have to wear sunglasses when I go out.

• Posted

Yes, my vision in one eye was distorted. I have been back to the doctor and he did laser that was to remove the cloud. Then PRK two days ago. I do not know if it helps. He said it would take about two weeks to clear up. Do you have a problem?
    • Posted

I've just replied to Helen with details of my problems.  What is PRK?  My optician said that I need laser treatment I had kaser treatment in 2014 for pressure as the surgeon thought I was getting glaucoma, I also have dry eyes.

• Posted

Hi, I had that blurred vision after cataract surgery. I developed what they call PCO, had to break it up with laser treatment. Get more info if you google "PCO" but it's like clouding over the IOL they put in. Usually it takes years before that happens, but mine was only about 3 months.

Good luck, keep us posted .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.